A warm welcome on your child’s/ward’s posting to Kent Ridge Secondary School!
Please note that students do not need to report to their posted secondary schools upon receiving their S1 posting results.
The school will be using Parents Gateway (PG) to communicate with you useful information on how to prepare your child/ward for the first day of school.
Your child’s/ward’s 2024 Sec 1 Class allocation will be published via Parents Gateway after 12 noon on 21 December 2023 (Thursday).
As there may be student movement due to transfer cases, we seek your understanding that there may be changes in the Form Class allocation. All Form Class allocation will only be finalised after the school term begins.
You will also be notified via Parents Gateway after 12 noon on 21 December (Thursday) if your child/ ward is eligible to offer core subjects under SBB at a more demanding level, or Higher Mother Tongue Languages HCL/HML. Please check the SBB and MTL sections below for more information.
Do ensure books for the correct subject level are purchased for your child/ward. You may purchase textbooks in the first week of school if you are unsure of the subject level for your child/ward.
Parents who wish to pick up their purchases physically are still encouraged to pre-order their needed items with the 2 vendors so that the items can be collected from the vendors in school with minimal waiting time.
Books: School Bookshop (Canteen, Level 3)
Uniforms: Counter at the back of the Canteen (Level 3)
Dates of Sales: December 21, 22, 26, 27, 28, 29
Operation Hours: 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Please show the confirmation email at school entry.
In addition to booking appointment slots for your visit, we also seek the co-operation of parents/guardians for the following:
1. Students coming to the school should be in proper school attire (e.g. Primary School Uniform/PE attire with proper school shoes, no coloured hair)
2. Please do not come to the school if you are unwell, given medical certificate, or have tested Ag+.
For 2024 Sec 1 students whose 2024 FAS applications have been approved by their primary schools, please report to the KRSS school general office for further assistance.
Kent Ridge Secondary School has implemented Full Subject-Based Banding since 2023. Full SBB is part of MOE’s ongoing efforts to nurture the joy of learning and develop multiple pathways to cater to different strengths and interests of students.
Students who are eligible to do subjects at a more demanding level will be informed by the school via Parents Gateway. Please refer to this slides for more information.
For the following groups of students, please see the slides for more details:
• Eligibility for Higher Chinese Language (HCL) & Higher Malay Language (HML)
• Students not taking Chinese Language (CL) or Malay Language (ML)
• Students offered 3rd Language
• Students who are exempted or intend to apply for exemption from MTL
For more information on Mother Tongue Languages, please refer to these slides
Through the National Digital Literacy Programme (NDLP), all secondary school students will own a school-prescribed Personal Learning Device (PLD). Secondary one students would be invited to purchase a school-prescribed PLD. Singapore Citizen students can use their Edusave Account to pay for the PLD.
The PLD will be used in tandem with the national e-learning platform – the Singapore Student Learning Space (“SLS”) – as well as other educational technology tools to personalise and enhance students’ learning. This will also enable students to acquire digital skills and apply these skills as they navigate an increasingly digitalised world.
Secondary 1 students who exhibit interest and passion for Art/Music can apply for Art/Music Elective Programme (AEP/MEP) in the following AEP/MEP Centres:
• AEP: National Junior College
• MEP: Anglo-Chinese School (Independent)
• MEP: Dunman High School
The online application is open from 2-15 January 2024.
Successful applicants will attend weekly lessons in the afternoon at the AEP/MEP Centre and are expected to commit to the programme for 4 years. Prior to application, interested students and their parents should work closely with the students’ secondary schools to ensure that their school timetable and commitments would allow them to participate fully in the AEP/MEP.
There will be a SEN Parents Briefing on Friday, 5 Jan 2024. More details will be provided closer to the date.
Parents who would like to find out more about the school’s counselling support system can contact:
Mdm Sujeetha Margarita Brampy, HOD/SEN
Tel: 6773 1127 (ext 112)
Reporting Time: 7:30 am
Date: Tuesday, 2 January 2024
Venue: Multi-purpose Hall (Level 3)
Dismissal Time: 2:00 pm
• Full KRSS school uniform, with all-white socks and all-white school shoes;
• Or primary school uniform if child is awaiting a transfer request outcome from another school.
Things to bring:
• Writing Materials
• Water bottle
• Money for recess and lunch
• Daily reporting time is 7:30am.
• Being punctual and having proper attire and grooming is an outward expression of students being ready to learn and grow.
• Parents/Guardians are encouraged to support their child/ward to be responsible for their own grooming and punctuality.
• Please note that students are not allowed to use their handphones within curriculum hours. Should you wish to contact your child/ward, please call the School General Office at 6773 1127.
• All students are to have the following items with them every day:
1. Student Handbook (to be issued when school starts)
2. English Language story book
3. An oral digital thermometer (ODT) in working condition (a new ODT will be issued to all new Sec 1 students in Term 1 Week 1 in a one-time exercise)
• Students who are unwell or given medical certificate should not attend school and to inform their Form Teachers or the school on the same day.
2 Jan (Tues)
3 Jan (Wed)
4 Jan (Thurs)
5 Jan (Fri)
Orientation Day 1
Orientation Day 2
Orientation Day 3
Orientation Day 4 [MTL fortnight, CCA Fair, Secondary 1 Parents’ Briefing and Campfire]
What to wear:
Report to school in full KRSS school uniform.
Report to school in full KRSS Half-uniform (PE attire + school Bermudas and skirt)
For classes having phototaking, students will report to school in full KRSS school uniform. They may change out to half-uniform after that. Students will be informed of the week’s schedule for their class on the first day of school.
Report to school in full KRSS Half-uniform (PE attire + school Bermudas and skirt)
Report to school in full KRSS half-uniform (PE attire + school Bermudas and skirt)
What to bring:
1. English-language story book
2. Writing materials
3. School Handbook
4. Water bottle
5. Thermometer (issued by school)
6. Money for recess and lunch
Please note that dinner will be catered.
All students entering Secondary One in January 2024 will be issued with a new Secondary Level School Smart Card (SSC). TransitLink will deliver the cards to secondary schools by April 2024.
While Secondary One students are waiting for their Secondary Level SSCs to be ready, they can continue to use their Primary Level SSCs for concessionary travel till end-April 2024. Students can still purchase the Bus Concession Pass (BCP) using their Primary Level SSCs but they would need to purchase the BCP for Secondary School students.
(A) MOE’s Medical Appeal Exercise (MAE): Appeal to Transfer School for Serious Medical Condition or Severe Physical Impairments only
If you have been posted to Kent Ridge Secondary School, but assess that the school is unable to accommodate your child’s medical or physical health needs, you may appeal to MOE for a transfer out. Appeals can be filed at the school’s general office in person or via email by 12:00pm on Thursday, 21 December 2023.
All appeals must be accompanied by relevant supporting documents, such as medical reports, letters from certified doctors, assessment reports from qualified medical professionals, etc.
The appeal results will be released on 2 January 2024.
(B) Students who are posted to Kent Ridge Secondary School but would like to seek a transfer OUT due to other (non-medical) reasons
• Refer to your preferred school’s website for more information.
• You should still report to KRSS on 2 January 2024 if you do not hear from your preferred school by then
• While awaiting reply from the other school, you will not need to purchase KRSS uniforms and books
Students who wish to appeal to transfer to Kent Ridge Secondary School
For non-medical reasons, please submit your appeal via this online form by 27 December 2023, 12:00pm.
Please note that your PSLE score should meet the school's cut-off point of the posting year. Transfer will be subject to available vacancies and the school’s admission criteria.
The application is deemed to be unsuccessful if you do not hear from the school by 5 January 2024.